This month, CU on The Air talks with new University of Colorado President Mark Kennedy, who was named by the Board of Regents on May 2 to be the 23rd President of the University of Colorado system. Host Ken McConnellogue chats with the president about:
- Touring the campuses and the state and learning about this remarkable university and its people.
- Listening and learning the key in first 90 days
- The importance of a united, strategic plan.
- Building on the great work the four campuses have already done.
- How CU will get there from here.
- The importance for universities to keep up with the digital revolution.
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- The uncertainty of funding at CU and other higher ed intuitions – Colorado is 48th in the country in state funding.
- Priorities of addressing all kinds of diversity.
- The importance of outreach, and plans to bolster CU’s efforts across the state.
- Quality time begins and ends with family.
- Michigan vs. Notre Dame? President is rooting for the Buffs!
- Fun? Work is fun when you love what you’re doing.
- Where you might expect to bump into the Kennedys as they explore their new home state.